Throughout this page, the terms “Swanton Swimmers”, or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
For us, “personal information” means information which identifies you, like your name or email address. Any information that does not identify you is “non-personal information.
If we store your personal information with information that is non-personal, we will consider the combination as personal information. If we remove all personal information from a set of data then the remaining data will be classed as non-personal information.
We collect personal information about you when you provide it to us. We only collect personal data relevant to the type of transactions you make with Swanton Swimmers.
For example, when you telephone, email or write to Swanton Swimmers we may receive and retain personal information about you.
If you engage with our social media accounts, such as Facebook, we may receive personal information about you then too. If you use these networks, their privacy policies apply, and we encourage you to read them.
The information we collect is relevant to the type of transaction you are entering into. It may include details such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number.
Swanton Swimmers will use your personal information for administrative reasons, such as to answer your correspondence, keep your records up to date or to implement your instructions (for example, to ensure you no longer receive marketing information if you tell us to stop sending it to you). We may also use your data for marketing purposes, if you have given us permission to do so.
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
For administrative reasons, including:
- “service administration”, which means that Swanton Swimmers may contact you for reasons related to the completion of commercial or other transactions you have entered into with us, or online content you have signed up for;
- in relation to correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, social media or any other means, and to contact you about any content you provide;
- for internal record keeping so as to keep a record of your relationship with us;
- to keep your data up to date;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, which allows us to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different countries;
- to analyse and improve the activities and content offered by the Swanton Swimmers website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Unless legally required to do so we will not provide your information to third parties without your consent.
We will only hold your personal information on our systems for as long as we need to. Once your data is no longer required, or if you request that we do so, we will delete your information from our database.
The accuracy of your information is really important to us. We want to ensure that we are able to communicate with you in ways that you are happy with, and to provide you with information that is of interest. You can tell us that your details have changed or change the way that we communicate with you in a number of ways.
If you wish to change how we communicate with you, or update the information we hold, then please contact us.
You have the legal right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
We take all necessary steps to ensure any information you provide to us online is safe, secure and managed correctly. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of this data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures.
Any personal information stored on our servers is not publicly accessible. The data is secured and can only be accessed by authorised Swanton Swimmers staff on a “need to know” basis.
In addition to information gathered directly (as outlined above), we also gather information indirectly. This information does not identify you to us, but allows us to analyse how our website is being used, ensures that the site runs smoothly, and allows us to make improvements to our online service.
In common with most websites we have access logs. These logs record information on user activity on the site and are aggregated to produce summary information, allowing statistics about the popularity of the website to be compiled.
Access log files do not contain any personal information and do not identify you to us. Swanton Swimmers reserves the right to store this aggregated information indefinitely.
Please see below to find out more about our cookie usage across this website.
This website is owned and operated by:
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or any other matters concerning this website or you wish to report a technical error, please get in touch using the various options available on the contact page.
The Swanton Swimmers website creates cookies, in order to give you a better browsing experience. These cookies contain no personal information, but help our site to run more smoothly on your computer.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we place onto your device. It is used to tailor your experience either for the duration of your visit (using what is known as a “session” cookie) or for repeat visits (for which we store what is known as a “persistent” cookie).
We also use “analytical” cookies which allow us to recognise and count the number of times you visit and to see how you move around our website.
Some cookies are set directly by us, while others are set by trusted third parties.
Types of cookies
There are several types of cookies in use on this site. Some of these are set by us, and some are set by trusted third parties.
How are these cookies used?
Cookies set by us
Persistent cookies are used in cases where your interactions need to be remembered across multiple visits, such as recalling your preferences. This type of cookie can be removed by finding the ‘clear history’ option in your web browser and selecting cookies as one of the items to be deleted.
Session cookies are also in use on this site. These only last for the duration of your visit. They store information on your short term interactions with the site. For example, if a user with a visual impairment chose to resize the text on our website to make it easier to read, a session cookies might be used to remember this preference as they moved around the site.
We reserve the right to add further cookies in the future if we feel they will be beneficial for the performance of this website.
Cookies set by third parties
In addition to cookies set by us, we allow trusted third parties to place cookies on our site.
We use Google Analytics, a free service offered by Google that gathers detailed information about your activity on this website. It does not gather any personal information, but it helps us to measure the way that you and other users move around the site with a view to improving your experience over time. Find out more about the cookies gathered by this service.
Yes, cookies are completely safe and do not hold any personal information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
If you would like to find out more about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org
If you are not comfortable with our website using cookies please change your browser settings or navigate away from this website. Please note that by not using cookies some of the website’s features may not be available.
You can manage or block the cookies set by us, or indeed any other website, should you wish to do so. This can be done via the browser settings on your device. If you have already consented, you can withdraw your consent at any time using these settings.
For more comprehensive information on the subject of blocking cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org. If you wish to specifically manage or block cookies on the browser of your mobile device you may need to refer to the manual for the handset.
You should be aware that restricting or blocking cookies may have an impact on the functionality of this website and effect the intended experience.
We reserve the right to embed content from websites such as YouTube and Vimeo. As a result you should check the relevant third party website for more information about those cookies.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the graphics and photographic imagery. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of the content of this website (for example, by taking our images, words, or other content and reposting it elsewhere without our permission) may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.